Update on the Apartment Fire at 30 N. Jacob St.
Thank you to all the people that have been contacting various churches and organizations to gather information about their immediate needs and where to send their donations.
- The four victims are placed for the in permanent apartments.
- The immediate need is to find a room or an apartment to rent for the remaining two people.
- The furniture bank will be able to help furnish their new room or apartment, but monies may be needed for a small refrigerator, microwave, mattresses, etc.
- After many calls to agencies to find a permanent place for the remaining people to live, we have come up with a big 0.
- Right now, we are not asking for financial donations. If and when a place is found, we might request future funding. These would be used to cover the cost of security deposits, the first month’s rent, and the first month’s utility bills.
- Checks should be made out to Mount Joy Helping Services with fire victims written on the memo line. Our address is PO Box 562, Mount Joy, PA 17552.